Employment Candidate Privacy Statement
Last updated 2022-05-16
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with us.
This Privacy Statement describes how we, the P\S\L Group entity that receives your employment application, will collect, process and use the personal data you submit when applying for a position with the P\S\L Group family of companies (the "P\S\L Group Family"). If you are submitting your application via a P\S\L Group Family website, the P\S\L Group entity that receives your employment application is identified in the Privacy Notice shown on the website through which you are submitting your application. A list of relevant P\S\L Group Family entities and their respective contact information can be provided upon written request to the email address at the end of this statement.
In this Privacy Statement, "personal data" means any information that identifies you, or could reasonably be used to identify you. If you are located in the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (collectively, "EEA+"), please also see our Supplemental EEA+ Employment Candidate Privacy Statement below.
What Information Should be Submitted?
Resumes/CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). If you provide information about others (e.g., reference contact details), please first ensure you have informed them that you will be providing their information and that they are happy for you to provide it to us.
Generally, we recommend that you do not disclose sensitive personal characteristics (e.g., gender, height, weight, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data, or age) in your resume/CV or any materials you submit in support of your application.
Any misleading, false or willful omission of relevant information may be sufficient reason for refusal of employment, or suspension or dismissal from employment. Please submit only accurate information.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
We will collect, process and use the following types of personal data which you provide as part of your initial submission or otherwise make available to us as part of the application process:
- Identification information, such as your name, date and place of birth, and address;
- Experience information, such as education and work experience, contact details of your former/current employer, information about your educational background, your work experience and other experience; and
- Other information you submit, such as the information you provide in an application form, CV or resume or public profile you share with us.
If your application progresses, we may also collect and process the following:
- Information collected as part of the interview process, such as notes taken from your interview;
- Background check information, such as information obtained through reference checks, subject to any further permissions or notifications required by applicable law; and
- Information required to initiate employment, such as proof of eligibility to work in country (e.g., a passport or visa), tax information, bank account information, benefits eligibility information and other information you provide for the purposes of starting employment or performing an employment contract.
For What Purposes Do We Process Your Personal Data?
In summary, we will collect and use the personal data you provide to process your application for employment and comply with statutory obligations we have in relation to your application. Your personal data will be used and disclosed only for the legitimate business purposes of administering and evaluating your application and completing the on-boarding/new hire process, should you be offered and accept a position with us.
We will use your personal data for a variety of reasons linked to processing your application as set out below:
- Administering and processing your application, including your identification, experience and other information you submit and, if your application progresses, any interview information and background check information;
- Determining your suitability for the role for which you have applied or for similar roles within the P\S\L Group Family, including your identification, experience and other information you submit and, if your application progresses, any interview information and background check information;
- Conducting background checks as part of your application, subject to applicable law, including your identification, experience and other information you submit and, if your application progresses, any interview information and background check information; and
- Complying with applicable laws and employment-related requirements, including identification information and information required to initiate employment, for purposes such as confirming ability to legally work, setting up payroll, withholdings and benefits, and complying with statutory reporting requirements.
Who, Other than P\S\L Group, may Access Your Personal Data?
Your personal data may be shared with the following parties as necessary for the above purposes:
- Other P\S\L Group Family companies: P\S\L Group Family companies share human resources and management decisions in certain circumstances, and we may transfer your personal data to other P\S\L Group Family entities as necessary to ensure that any decision made with respect to your application reflects the input of all appropriate internal stakeholders and takes into account the internal forecasting, planning and other interests of all relevant P\S\L Group Family companies. We also share your personal data with other P\S\L Group Family entities to monitor and assure compliance with applicable policies and procedures and applicable laws. P\S\L Group Family entities only process your personal data for the purposes outlined in this paragraph.
- Third-party service providers: Our service providers may carry out instructions relating to IT hosting services or similar functions, recruitment or workforce administration. Where required, they will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal data, and to process it only as instructed.
- Regulators, authorities and other recipients: These parties include courts and other public authorities, independent external advisers and internal compliance and investigation teams.
Only authorized P\S\L Group Family personnel (talent acquisition, human resources, legal, and appropriate managers) will have access to your personal data for the legitimate business purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
How Long is Your Personal Data Retained?
P\S\L Group Family entities will retain personal data no longer than is necessary to carry out the processing purposes described in this Privacy Statement and/or as required by applicable law. If you are offered and accept an employment position with us, the personal data we collected about you during the recruitment process will form part of your employee file and be subject to a separate Privacy Statement.
We may, with your consent, and also subject to different retention requirements under any applicable law, retain your information after the recruitment process is complete for a period of 1 year to contact you about potential future opportunities. We will delete your personal data when we no longer need it for the purposes outlined herein.
What Privacy Rights Do You Have?
You may have rights under applicable privacy laws, including to access, correct, update, delete, block or limit our use of your personal information. To exercise any such rights, please contact us using the contact details below and clearly describe your request. If you are located in the United Kingdom or European Economic Area, please also see our Supplemental European Privacy Statement below. If you are a resident of California, please also see our Supplemental California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice here.
If you have questions or comments about how we will use your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplemental EEA+ Employment Candidate Privacy Statement
This Supplemental European Employment Candidate Privacy Statement describes how the P\S\L Group entity that received your application will collect, process and use the personal data of candidates in the UK and EEA (collectively, the "EEA+"). References below to the "GDPR" are to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
What Are the Legal Justifications for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
P\S\L Group Family entities process any personal data that you provide during the recruitment process to comply with applicable legal obligations, pursuant to GDPR Art. 6(1)(c), and to pursue legitimate interests, including to evaluate your credentials to determine whether to hire you and assure compliance with applicable policies and procedures and applicable laws, pursuant to GDPR Art. 6(1)(f).
How Is Personal Data Protected In the Context of International Data Transfers?
Some recipients of your personal data located outside of the EEA+ are located in the following country for which the European Commission has issued adequacy decisions, namely: Canada. In each case, the transfer is thereby recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective (GDPR Art. 45).
Some recipients of your personal data are located in countries for which the European Commission has not issued an adequacy decision in respect of the level of data protection there, namely: The U.S. (where the recipient is not Privacy Shield certified) and Mexico. By entering into appropriate data transfer agreements based on Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EU and/or 2004/915/EC) as referred to in GDPR Art. 46(5) or other adequate means, we have established that all such recipients will provide an adequate level of data protection and that appropriate technical and organizational security measures are in place to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Any onward transfer (including to our affiliates outside the EEA+) is subject to appropriate onward transfer requirements as required by applicable law.
You can ask for a copy of such appropriate data transfer agreements by contacting us as set out at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
What Are Your Rights In Respect of Your Personal Data?
Under the conditions set out under applicable law (i.e., the EU GDPR), you have the following rights:
- Right to withdraw your consent: If you have declared your consent regarding certain types of processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data. The access information includes, among other things, the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. Subject to applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee for copies, based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data to the extent it is not required for legally required purposes.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, in which case, it would be marked and processed by us only for certain purposes.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit the personal data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. Exercising this right will not incur any cost. Such a right to object may not exist, in particular, if the processing of your personal data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
- Right to Submit Complaints: You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights may be limited under the applicable national data protection law. To exercise your rights please contact us as stated below.
For more information or to exercise your rights as described herein, please contact us at email@example.com